Smart Car in search for agency to create branding campaign
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 August 2000 12:00AM
Smart Car has begun a hunt for an ad agency to create its first pan-European branding campaign. It is also in talks with several UK agencies with a separate brief.
Smart Car has begun a hunt for an ad agency to create its first
pan-European branding campaign. It is also in talks with several UK
agencies with a separate brief.
Daimler-Chrysler’s European roster agencies, including Springer &
Jacoby, Scholz & Friends and one un-named Swiss agency, are all
understood to be pitching for the task.
Walter Scherg, the general manager for Smart Car in the UK, confirmed
the review but declined to name the agencies involved.
’We want to target young, trendy opinion leaders and have already had
some great creative concepts,’ Scherg said. ’It is an innovative product
that needs an innovative approach.’
The car is manufactured by the Micro Car Company, a fully owned
subsidiary of the Daimler-Chrysler group.
The car officially goes on sale in Britain in October this year after
the British International Motor Show in Birmingham. Right-hand drive
vehicles will not be available until 2002.
The Smart Car is a revolutionary two-seater car powered by a 600cc
It is available in three models - Pure, Pulse and Passion. It is so
short that drivers can park it facing the gutter, making it ideal for
The models, which cost approximately pounds 7,000 each, are designed
with several green features to ensure that they are environmentally
friendly. They can do 75 miles to the gallon and have turbo-charged
The car has been on sale across mainland Europe since October 1998.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne