Smart Car in search for agency to create branding campaign
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 August 2000 12:00AM
Smart Car has begun a hunt for an ad agency to create its first pan-European branding campaign. It is also in talks with several UK agencies with a separate brief.
Smart Car has begun a hunt for an ad agency to create its first
pan-European branding campaign. It is also in talks with several UK
agencies with a separate brief.
Daimler-Chrysler’s European roster agencies, including Springer &
Jacoby, Scholz & Friends and one un-named Swiss agency, are all
understood to be pitching for the task.
Walter Scherg, the general manager for Smart Car in the UK, confirmed
the review but declined to name the agencies involved.
’We want to target young, trendy opinion leaders and have already had
some great creative concepts,’ Scherg said. ’It is an innovative product
that needs an innovative approach.’
The car is manufactured by the Micro Car Company, a fully owned
subsidiary of the Daimler-Chrysler group.
The car officially goes on sale in Britain in October this year after
the British International Motor Show in Birmingham. Right-hand drive
vehicles will not be available until 2002.
The Smart Car is a revolutionary two-seater car powered by a 600cc
It is available in three models - Pure, Pulse and Passion. It is so
short that drivers can park it facing the gutter, making it ideal for
The models, which cost approximately pounds 7,000 each, are designed
with several green features to ensure that they are environmentally
friendly. They can do 75 miles to the gallon and have turbo-charged
The car has been on sale across mainland Europe since October 1998.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account