Johnny Vaughan teams up with gorillas in latest Strongbow ad
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 April 2000 12:00AM
The Big Breakfast presenter Johnny Vaughan teams up with a gang of gorillas next week in the latest burst of Strongbow cider’s ’live to loaf’ campaign.
The Big Breakfast presenter Johnny Vaughan teams up with a gang of
gorillas next week in the latest burst of Strongbow cider’s ’live to
The 60-second blockbuster by TBWA GGT Simons Palmer opens on a jungle
scene with Vaughan patiently winning the confidence of a family of
In the next scene the tamed gorillas are moving Vaughan into his new
home in the city while he admires the view.
His new servants go on to perform a number of tasks, including putting
up pictures, unpacking boxes, hammering nails into the wall and
A female gorilla walks through the main room, bringing a pint of
Strongbow to Vaughan. He takes a big swig from his pint as the trademark
Strongbow arrows fly into a topiary bush.
One of the gorillas reacts by whooping a warning to the others - who
revert to being wild animals. Vaughan dismisses their reaction and tells
the gorilla to stop being such a drama queen, to which the gorilla
responds by putting its hands on its hips and tutting at him.
Annie Neil, the marketing manager of Strongbow, said: ’This is a big
film because we have big ambitions for Strongbow. We want to double our
drinkers and we are already well on the way with sales up 30 per cent
since the Johnny Vaughan ’live to loaf’ campaign began.’
The ad was written by Alan Moseley and art directed by Graham Cappi.
It was directed by Spectre’s Daniel Kleinman, who also directed the
first wave of ’live to loaf’ ads. Media strategy is by Unity and media
buying is by MindShare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands