Diary: Sir Sugar's sweet on the silver-tongued Lindsay
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 March 2005 12:04PM
With few certainties in life, it's good to know you've always got options. So, should the imminent Cadbury review, coupled with a jejune 2004 in new-business terms, prove too much for the Publicis UK group chairman, Tim Lindsay, he can seek solace in the knowledge there's a potential apprenticeship waiting for him at Sir Alan Sugar's electronics empire.
Sugar, a man whose relationship with advertising is adversarial at best, is an unlikely victim of the silver-haired adman's legendary charm. Talking about the episode of The Apprentice, which broadcast on 23 March on BBC2, Sugar gushed that Lindsay's insight on the show - he repeated the old adage that if you chuck someone three balls, they will probably drop them all, but lob one slowly and they might have a chance to catch it - was "the only good thing I've heard coming out of an advertising agency in my life".
Quite how Lindsay would adapt his daily routine to the commute from Hammersmith to Amstrad's headquarters in Brentwood, Essex, remains open to question, but Diary is fully prepared to don its recruitment consultant hat and put both parties in contact again, and is even prepared to waive its usual commission rate on this extraordinary occasion.
- Got a diary story? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (020) 8267 4656.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Proposal / Tender Designer Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Junior Digital Designer / Digital Agency / Berlin / 30-35k Red Sofa London €30000 - €35000 per annum + benefits, Berlin
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?