JCDecaux sales restructure creates focus on outdoor advocacy
By by Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 13 May 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - JCDecaux has split its sales division, dividing operations into trading and agency planning as part of an effort to to attract more advertisers to outdoor advertising.
Spencer Berwin, group sales director at JCDecaux, said that the restructure was the first of a series of changes designed to attract more advertisers to use outdoor more often.
The agency planning division will build relationships with agencies and provide advice on the structure of outdoor campaigns and the role of outdoor within a media schedule.
The role of director of agency planning has been given to current associate director David Lambert, who has previously worked at BBJ and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Direct relationships with advertisers will be handled by newly appointed director of client planning Yoko de Souza, who was previously associate sales director.
The trading division will be headed by Daemon Brown, who has been promoted from associate director. The division's focus is on long-term deals and maximising the value of the company's inventory.
The two divisions will be overseen by Jamie Lindsay, director of national sales.
Berwin said that the aim is to drive outdoor's share of the advertising market above 10%. According to the Outdoor Advertising Association the medium's share in 2004 was 9.26%.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey