Saatchis wins global Dewar's whisky brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 May 2005 03:10PM
Saatchi & Saatchi has won the global advertising account for Dewar's, the Scotch whisky brand owned by Bacardi-Martini.
The global pitch was won out of the New York office. The network is working on a creative route that can be translated for a range of markets around the world.
The distiller, which did not previously retain an agency in the UK, kicked off the pitch process last year, following a decision by Bacardi-Martini to turn Dewar's into a global brand.
The company has previously run TV ads in South America, Thailand and Greece featuring Sean Connery superimposed on to a clip of a James Bond film.
The ad shows the actor speaking to the younger version of himself. The tagline says: "Some things age, others mature."
Dewar's has three whisky brands: White Label, Dewar's Signature and Dewar's 12. The ad brief will be based on pushing the brands into global markets.
Saatchis joins Fallon and Campbell Doyle Dye on the Bacardi roster.
The distiller was founded as John Dewar & Son in the 19th century. The father-and-son team originally started as a grocery business that blended teas but quickly moved into distilling whisky.
United Distillers & Vintners acquired the company in the 70s, then Bacardi-Martini took it over in 1998.
At the time of going to press, Saatchi & Saatchi was unable to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director Gemini Search £70000.00 - £80000 per annum, London
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign