Saatchis wins global Dewar's whisky brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 May 2005 03:10PM
Saatchi & Saatchi has won the global advertising account for Dewar's, the Scotch whisky brand owned by Bacardi-Martini.
The global pitch was won out of the New York office. The network is working on a creative route that can be translated for a range of markets around the world.
The distiller, which did not previously retain an agency in the UK, kicked off the pitch process last year, following a decision by Bacardi-Martini to turn Dewar's into a global brand.
The company has previously run TV ads in South America, Thailand and Greece featuring Sean Connery superimposed on to a clip of a James Bond film.
The ad shows the actor speaking to the younger version of himself. The tagline says: "Some things age, others mature."
Dewar's has three whisky brands: White Label, Dewar's Signature and Dewar's 12. The ad brief will be based on pushing the brands into global markets.
Saatchis joins Fallon and Campbell Doyle Dye on the Bacardi roster.
The distiller was founded as John Dewar & Son in the 19th century. The father-and-son team originally started as a grocery business that blended teas but quickly moved into distilling whisky.
United Distillers & Vintners acquired the company in the 70s, then Bacardi-Martini took it over in 1998.
At the time of going to press, Saatchi & Saatchi was unable to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer - Tunbridge Wells Network Career Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kent
- Medical Writer Hanson Search Up to 40,000 Euros, Paris, Ile-de-France (FR)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign