Diesel brand 55DSL talks to ad agencies
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 May 2005 01:54PM
Diesel's streetwear brand, 55DSL, is talking to agencies about its creative account.
The youth fashion label is looking to raise its profile and distinguish itself from the main Diesel brand.
55DSL's head of marketing, Kristian Kristiansen, has approached agencies in London and France, but has yet to draw up a shortlist.
The Amsterdam agency KesselsKramer was the incumbent on the account.
In April, Diesel's main fashion brand ended its four-year relationship with Kessels-Kramer and handed its pan-European account to the Havas-owned ER27. It is now briefed to create a press campaign to launch Diesel's autumn/winter collection.
The Paris-based agency won a pitch against DDB London, This is a Thing (Red Cell Italy), Publicis and KesselsKramer.
55DSL launched in 1994 and is distributed globally. It has its strongest presence in the UK, Japan, Italy, Germany, the US and France.
The brand has four flagship stores in New York, London, Milan and Tokyo.
55DSL targets young, fashion-conscious people interested in action sports and urban culture.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Marketing Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Ireland / Dublin
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- ITV chief calls for Sky and Virgin to pay for content