Cannes: Honda 'grrr' poised to add Cannes Film Grand Prix to its awards haul
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 June 2005 12:09PM
Wieden & Kennedy London's "grrr" spot for Honda Diesel has been widely tipped to take home the Film Grand Prix on Saturday at the Cannes Lions 2005.
The ad, which has already scored well at the British Television Advertising Awards and D&AD Awards, has faced relatively light competition at this year's festival, with only DDB London's "singin' in the rain" for the Volkswagen Golf GTi and Lowe London's "pilot" for Stella Artois tipped as other potential contenders for the big prize.
Other UK gold winners are likely to include Saatchi & Saatchi for its "ventriloquist" spot for the NSPCC and TBWA\London for "golfers" and "traders" for Sony PlayStation2. Thailand is likely to score a second gold Lion for JWT's "King Kong" spot for Ford pick-up trucks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Planner - Shopper - Retail / FMCG - paying to £40k Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, including a 20% bonus opportunity, London (Greater)
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media