Haymarket inks four year deal with Manchester United
By by Sam Matthews, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 18 July 2005 12:30PM
LONDON – Haymarket Publishing has signed a four-year deal to produce Manchester United's magazine, match programme and the world's biggest football club website manutd.com.
Haymarket, which has produced Manchester United's match programme for three years, will assume editorial control of United magazine and website from next month, starting with news from the first Premier League home game of the season on August 20 against Aston Villa.
David Gill, Manchester United chief executive, said: "Haymarket is the ideal partner to develop the club's media business in the UK and overseas. We have established a great relationship with them over the last three years; they understand the industry and the way we work."
The team will work from the Manchester United grounds in Old Trafford and Haymarket's London offices, where football titles FourFourTwo and Champions are also produced.
Manchester United's commercial director Andy Anson said the decision to appoint one publisher was to limit media approaches to its players and coaches.
"Bringing all our titles under one supplier allows us to be consistent in all of our media and helps us to minimise the number of media approaches we make to our players and coaching staff," he said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive + fantastic benefits package, London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London