ITV elevates Salmon and Digby as management reshuffle continues
By by Sam Matthews, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 04 October 2005 11:00AM
LONDON - ITV has appointed Gary Digby as managing director of ITV Sales and promoted Clare Salmon to director of marketing and commercial strategy as it continues to reshuffle its senior management team.
Former director of ITV Sales, Digby will take responsibility for all aspects of ITV's Sales operations and will report directly to new ITV commercial director Ian McCulloch. Digby's previous roles included sales director of Carlton and TV buying director at BBDO.
Marketing director Salmon's role has been expanded to include all on- and off-air marketing activity and programme publicity. Salmon has a strong managerial and marketing background with senior roles at AA Financial Services, Centrica, Avis and Prudential.
Digby's senior team is made up of: Simon Lent, sales director; Gary Knight, brand partnership director; Jill Kerslake, director of sales operations; and David Croft, director of regional sales.
In addition, Granada planning director Andy Bagnall has been appointed director of business development for ITV Sales, reporting to McCulloch.
The restructured commercial department follows the recent structural changes across the entire network with ITV broadcasting chief operating officer McCulloch promoted to commercial director.
As part of the reshuffle, ITV broadcasting chief executive Mick Desmond was ousted and Granada chief executive Simon Shaps became director of television.
Shaps is responsible for the creative output of ITV while McCulloch is responsible for the commercial, business and advertising of the network.
Before joining as ITV Broadcasting CEO after the Carlton and Granada merger, Desmond was chief executive of Granada Broadcasting & Enterprises and joint managing director of the ITV Network.
There was also been speculation that Nigel Pickard, director of programming, could be next to go. Industry observers see his role being threatened by the promotion of Shaps to director of television.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Product/ Industrial Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames