Diary: Lunching Lindsay beset by female fans in The Ivy
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 December 2005 12:00AM
There are many good reasons why The Ivy is known as adland's favourite London eatery and one of them is the large amount of advertising "talent" that dines there.
Take last Friday, when a certain Tim Lindsay, the Publicis chairman (who is thought by some to possess movie-star good looks), was dining with Fallon's Robert Senior.
As they tucked into their meal, a young blonde woman walked over from a nearby table. Senior assumed Lindsay knew her, until she said: "My friends and I all agree you (Lindsay) are the sexiest, most handsome man we have ever seen."
At this, Lindsay turned several shades of crimson, while Senior, as any good friend would, invited the woman and her friends to join them for a drink. At this suggestion, Lindsay protested, saying he and Senior had got lots of business matters to discuss.
When finally she left them, Lindsay said modestly: "How embarrassing - that hardly ever ... I mean, never happens."
Lucky Lindsay, as half of adland was in the house to witness the flattering event. Johnny Hornby, James Murphy, Garry Lace, Chris Hunton, William Eccleshare, Gay Haines, a sprinkling of Campaign hacks, Robert Campbell, David Yelland, Lorna Tilbian and, last but not least, Andrew Cracknell were all enjoying the impromptu floorshow at the restaurant.
Apologies to anyone we may have inadvertently missed out.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London