Rugby League gets new image from The Jones's and Intermarketing
By by Ben Bold, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 14 December 2005 08:10AM
LONDON - The Rugby Football League, the governing body for Rugby League, has created a new brand identity to be used across the board.
The updated identity sees the Rugby Football League rebrand as the RFL.
Created by Surrey-based design agency The Jones's and Leeds-based Intermarketing, the new visual identity is more modern and simple than the previous logo.
Simon Malcolm, RFL director of marketing and corporate communications, said: "We have to achieve our goals and develop our activities in an increasingly competitive and complex world. In such an environment, a clear and relevant identity is vital.
"At the same time, we need to convey the right messages and proactively manage our reputation among stakeholders, supporters and colleagues."
The RFL has started the process of distributing the new logo and guidelines for its use. The organisation is also preparing to release details of how the review will effect the identities of the sport's league, cup and international brands.
"We want the RFL to be seen as modern, dynamic, commercial, caring and professional," Malcolm added. "In short, we want to be setting the standards for one of the very best sports governing bodies in the UK."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Technical SEO Senior Executive Ultimate Asset £23000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior SEO Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London