Mitsubishi backs Badminton Horse Trials for 2006
By by Staff, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 12 January 2006 02:00PM
LONDON – Mitsubishi Motors has confirmed it is to back the Badminton Horse Trials, which take place in the Duke of Beaufort's Gloucestershire park from May 4-7, for the 15th year.
Mitsubishi will support the Mitsubishi Badminton Horse Trials with a design rebrand on the event's signs, banners, and graphics. This has included a new logo, the third during the company's sponsorship. The new logo is designed to capture the essence of grit and determination from both horse and rider.
With changes introduced for the first time, which includes the removal of the warm-up steeplechase and roads and tracks, this year's contest is set to be one of the most gruelling yet.
The first prize remains at £50,000 but both the Duke of Beaufort and course designer Hugh Thomas have further added to that to reward riders who do well further down the order, so the event sees prize money raised by 17% overall to £225,000.
Rider entries close mid-March and, in this World Championship year, observers are looking to see which non-European nations are setting themselves up for a challenge to the current British team and individual supremacy.
As always, Badminton has a designated charity and in 2006 it will be The Riding for the Disabled Association, which will have a cross-country obstacle named in its honour and collection points around the showground. They will also perform arena displays on Saturday and Sunday.
The main box office is open and tickets can be booked online at the recently revamped badminton-horse.co.uk website.
Mitsubishi has sponsored the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials almost continuously for 15 years, but took a break in 2001 because of the foot and mouth outbreak.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Transaction Network Services (UK) Ltd Up to £30,000,
- Group Marketing Manager - Travel/Media - London - £45k Profiles Creative £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Purple Consultancy £100000 per annum, London
- Communications Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show