Vodafone and O2 are UK's most recognised football sponsors
By by Alex Donohue, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 09 March 2006 02:00PM
LONDON - Vodafone and O2 are the most recognised sponsors in English football, according to a new study into brand awareness in football.
Vodafone, which is about to end its sponsorship deal with Manchester United in May, was recognised by 53% of people surveyed. Vodafone is being replaced by online gambling business Mansion. The group is currently unknown, but that could all quickly change after it becomes associated with the world's biggest football club.
O2, which is also ending its ties with Premiership rivals Arsenal at the end of the season, came second with 47%.
In third place is Carlsberg, the long-standing sponsor of Liverpool FC achieving 32% recognition.
The FootballTrak 05/06 report, conducted by Sports Marketing Surveys, looked at public awareness of all 20 brands currently sponsoring Premiership clubs that featured in football coverage during December 2005.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Marketing & Project Manager, boutique design agency-Hoxton £35k Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Bedford
- Events Director f1 Recruitment Up to £50,000, London