Direct News: Guide dog charity hires TDA
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 17 May 2006 12:00AM
The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association has hired direct marketing agency TDA to handle a £1m campaign to grow its donor base and develop its legacy marketing.
The Cheltenham agency has been briefed to devise a long-term strategy to help the charity reach additional audiences and increase the value of existing supporters.
TDA will operate in a strategic, creative and direct capacity in supporting the charity's existing Sponsor a Puppy programme.
The agency was handed the account following a pitch that began in January and which was handled by the AAR. It beat Tullo Marshall Warren and incumbent WWAV Rapp Collins West to the business.
TDA's roster of charity clients also includes Cats Protection and the Meningitis Trust.
Guide Dogs for the Blind is running national campaigns on a range of issues including equal rights for the visually impaired and safer streets.
Last month, the charity appointed digital agency Panlogic to handle its first online marketing activity. The agency was briefed to improve both awareness and fundraising.
The work involved creating a microsite that follows the progress of a partially sighted nine-year-old called Kieran. The campaign is to run for six weeks.
In September 2005, the charity signed an exclusive £2.5m deal with Andrex.
The 12-month initiative invites customers to collect on-pack tokens, which can be exchanged for a limited-edition Andrex guide-dog puppy soft toy. Andrex's owner, Kimberly-Clark is donating £1.50 to the charity for every toy sold.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Broadcast Account Manager - TV, VOD, Radio & Cinema Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum + car + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Head of Design Pitch Consultants £50000 - £75000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands