Magic appoints GCap's Finch as first commercial director
By by Sarah Woods, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 11:00AM
LONDON - Alison Finch, the former head of commercial marketing at GCap, has been appointed by Emap as Magic's first commercial director.
Finch will join Magic on June 5, where she will lead the local sales team and be responsible for creating and developing new and non-traditional revenue streams.
During her 10 years at Capital and then GCap, Finch was responsible for driving increased revenues through multi-platform offerings, delivering a consistent trade marketing campaign and managing the profit and loss of the commercial division of Capital Radio's interactive division.
In addition, she was in charge of marketing and new revenue opportunities around network products including Newslink and hit40uk.
Andria Vidler, managing director of Magic, said: "In addition to [Alison's] team leadership abilities, she has a proven ability to think creatively and look beyond the tried and tested to generate and deliver new revenue streams."
Finch said: "Everyone at Magic should be proud of their recent achievements. I am delighted to be joining a team which is focused and looking to the future for new opportunities."
Magic was recently reached number one in the London market according to radio measurement body Rajar for first time. The station has recently enjoyed a refreshed look and sound.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot