Diary: Crispin Porter bemused by Bogus Alex behaviour
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 May 2006 12:00AM
Crispin Porter & Bogusky is known in the US for its innovative marketing solutions and wacky but effective ad campaigns, such as its famous "subservient chicken" web work for Burger King.
However, pictures from a recent BusinessWeek cover article show just how "crazy" and "off the wall" the Miami-based agency really is, thanks to its "bonkers" chief creative officer, Alex Bogusky.
The article, which spans seven-and-a-half pages and concerns the agency's plans for the Volkswagen account, which it won in December last year, features not one, not two, but three photos of Bogusky and his "crazy" antics.
Someone clearly thought the picture showing him having fun on a little tricycle was so good it had to appear twice; in another two, he is joined by his senior management team, who look less than comfortable with the madcap behaviour. These shots show the team with a VW convertible. In one, the floppy-haired creative is lying upside down, wearing a pair of slippers. In the other, he is shoeless and throwing up gang signs. Mind-boggling.
However, the real joke is that, despite the comedy of the photos, the piece is a straight report with barely a quote from the creative clown. Maybe his comments were just too "funny" to print.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London