Close-Up: 24 Hours with ... Trevor Robinson, Quiet Storm
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 June 2006 12:00AM
Name: Trevor Robinson
Job: Founder and creative director, Quiet Storm
Professional mission: Continue to wake up and be excited by what we are
doing at Quiet Storm
Personal mantra: Treat others as I would like to be treated
6.30am Wake up and get into the bath. I'm disturbed by the missus, who jumps in and starts exfoliating and generally pruning herself, but the results are worth it.
7.00am Dry off and cycle to The Third Space for my weekly session with Gundula, my German personal trainer. I feel like I'm going to puke, a fact she seems to enjoy.
9.15am Latte, pain au raisin and daily diary update with my PA, Shannon.
10.00am Pre-meeting with Jon Howard, our new strategy director, about a client meeting with Mattessons next week.
10.50am Walk over to Emap offices. As it is Thursday, I stop by Forbidden Planet for my comics.
11.00am After sycophantic patting ourselves on the back over Heat's performance last year, we look at how to maintain the success.
1.00pm Check phone: excited message from Allan Dutton, my new-business director, telling me we're on another pitchlist.
1.05pm Lunch at Groucho's with Marc Boothe, a producer who has come to us about writing and directing a spot for Anti-Slavery. I readily accept and offer both myself and our production company Quiet Storm Films on a pro bono basis. This sort of project really excites me and I feel lucky to write and direct something so important. As I walk back to the office, I ponder if I left the cleaner's money out this morning and suddenly irony takes over.
3.00pm Conference call with our Cheestrings client in Ireland. We have lots of activity coming up including a five-day shoot in Ireland and South Africa.
3.37pm E-mails, cup of tea and check on my Fantasy Football mini-league.
4.00pm Meet with a couple of creative teams and check ideas for a client.
5.00pm The agency gets together for a drink, catch up and to see our new work. We've also invited a couple of new-business prospects who would like us to meet their commercial director, so fingers crossed.
6.00pm Interview that goes well.
6.45pm Shannon has left me a print-out of tomorrow's diary. I leave the bike in the office and meet the guys for a drink.
7.30pm My mum's staying with us at the moment so I head home as nothing is like mum's cooking.
8.00pm Dinner, then watch a DVD.
12.00am Hit the sack.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - integrated agency Source £33000 - £38000 per annum + benefits, London
- Resource Manager Source £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up