Carat names Hobbs as head of planning and integration
By by Mark Banham, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 06 July 2006 09:00AM
LONDON - Carat has confirmed that Steve Hobbs is being promoted to head of planning and integration and has named the six heads of it new client-focused teams.
Hobbs will be responsible for the six new multi-disciplined teams that the Aegis-owned agency has now put into place to focus directly on client business, scrapping its original divisional structure.
As a result of the change in focus, Helen Davies, formerly head of direct, will take the new position of client development and new-business director and will be responsible for developing the new business strategy for the agency in the UK. She will work alongside commercial director Alex Altman, and will report into managing director Neil Jones.
Jones said: "This restructure has been driven by our vision to be champions of communications as a force for business transformation. We have taken the step of totally remodelling the traditional agency model from leaf to branch in order to facilitate a collaborative way of working.
"We believe that this structure will enable us to deliver on our stated promise to continually find new and better ways to connect clients with consumers."
The six new teams will be headed up by media directors Philippa Glass, Dino Ioannou, Richard Morris, Richard Sexton, Jo Sutherland and head of the COI business at the agency, Kevin West.
The agency has also appointed six heads across disciplines, including David Beale as head of direct, James Northway as head of data, David Peters as head of sponsorship, Kate Rowlinson as head of strategy, while Ben Wood and Henry Rowe maintain their positions as joint-managing directors of Carat's digital department.
"The options and potential solutions we can offer clients are infinite and collaboration between the widening range of experts across all disciplines is paramount. We passionately believe communications have the power to transform business and we believe this structural development will allow us to efficiently provide clients with the most integrated solutions," Hobbs said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Integrated Marketing Agency AH Digital £45,000 - £55,000 per annum, Buckinghamshire, South East England