Lucozade ditches Ogilvy for M&C
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 July 2006 12:00AM
M&C Saatchi has been handed the £5 million UK creative account for GlaxoSmithKline's flagship drinks brand, Lucozade Energy.
The decision sees Ogilvy & Mather, the incumbent on the business, removed from Lucozade's roster in the UK. However, the agency will continue to run the business in Ireland.
GSK put the account up for pitch in November 2005 as it reconsidered its marketing strategy for the brand.
Both roster agencies were asked to pitch against each other for the business.
No other GSK roster agencies were involved.
With the appointment of M&C Saatchi, the pharmaceutical giant is looking to rejuvenate the Lucozade brand by bringing all of the business under one roof and developing a single overarching idea.
M&C Saatchi now handles all of Lucozade's £9 million drinks business, including the £4 million Hydro Active and Sport brands.
It picked up the latter in 2003 following a three-way pitch against O&M and TBWA\London, which was not on the agency roster.
GSK then handed the Hydro Active business to M&C Saatchi without a pitch and gave the agency the task of launching the brand.
In February this year, Lucozade appointed Fuse Digital to handle all of its digital activity, including website creation and e-mail marketing.
The agency is developing websites for all of the Lucozade products, as well as for the Lucozade Sports Science Academy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Production Manager Network Career Consultants £200 - £250 per day, Hertfordshire
- Planner | World-famous media company Nu Creative Talent £45k + extensive benefits, London
- Creative Head (Retail) Dahling Ltd Up to £70,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR and Communications Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Huddersfield
- Strategy Director Pitch Consultants £60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy