Lucozade ditches Ogilvy for M&C
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 July 2006 12:00AM
M&C Saatchi has been handed the £5 million UK creative account for GlaxoSmithKline's flagship drinks brand, Lucozade Energy.
The decision sees Ogilvy & Mather, the incumbent on the business, removed from Lucozade's roster in the UK. However, the agency will continue to run the business in Ireland.
GSK put the account up for pitch in November 2005 as it reconsidered its marketing strategy for the brand.
Both roster agencies were asked to pitch against each other for the business.
No other GSK roster agencies were involved.
With the appointment of M&C Saatchi, the pharmaceutical giant is looking to rejuvenate the Lucozade brand by bringing all of the business under one roof and developing a single overarching idea.
M&C Saatchi now handles all of Lucozade's £9 million drinks business, including the £4 million Hydro Active and Sport brands.
It picked up the latter in 2003 following a three-way pitch against O&M and TBWA\London, which was not on the agency roster.
GSK then handed the Hydro Active business to M&C Saatchi without a pitch and gave the agency the task of launching the brand.
In February this year, Lucozade appointed Fuse Digital to handle all of its digital activity, including website creation and e-mail marketing.
The agency is developing websites for all of the Lucozade products, as well as for the Lucozade Sports Science Academy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood