Lucozade ditches Ogilvy for M&C
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 July 2006 12:00AM
M&C Saatchi has been handed the £5 million UK creative account for GlaxoSmithKline's flagship drinks brand, Lucozade Energy.
The decision sees Ogilvy & Mather, the incumbent on the business, removed from Lucozade's roster in the UK. However, the agency will continue to run the business in Ireland.
GSK put the account up for pitch in November 2005 as it reconsidered its marketing strategy for the brand.
Both roster agencies were asked to pitch against each other for the business.
No other GSK roster agencies were involved.
With the appointment of M&C Saatchi, the pharmaceutical giant is looking to rejuvenate the Lucozade brand by bringing all of the business under one roof and developing a single overarching idea.
M&C Saatchi now handles all of Lucozade's £9 million drinks business, including the £4 million Hydro Active and Sport brands.
It picked up the latter in 2003 following a three-way pitch against O&M and TBWA\London, which was not on the agency roster.
GSK then handed the Hydro Active business to M&C Saatchi without a pitch and gave the agency the task of launching the brand.
In February this year, Lucozade appointed Fuse Digital to handle all of its digital activity, including website creation and e-mail marketing.
The agency is developing websites for all of the Lucozade products, as well as for the Lucozade Sports Science Academy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot