Lucozade ditches Ogilvy for M&C
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 July 2006 12:00AM
M&C Saatchi has been handed the £5 million UK creative account for GlaxoSmithKline's flagship drinks brand, Lucozade Energy.
The decision sees Ogilvy & Mather, the incumbent on the business, removed from Lucozade's roster in the UK. However, the agency will continue to run the business in Ireland.
GSK put the account up for pitch in November 2005 as it reconsidered its marketing strategy for the brand.
Both roster agencies were asked to pitch against each other for the business.
No other GSK roster agencies were involved.
With the appointment of M&C Saatchi, the pharmaceutical giant is looking to rejuvenate the Lucozade brand by bringing all of the business under one roof and developing a single overarching idea.
M&C Saatchi now handles all of Lucozade's £9 million drinks business, including the £4 million Hydro Active and Sport brands.
It picked up the latter in 2003 following a three-way pitch against O&M and TBWA\London, which was not on the agency roster.
GSK then handed the Hydro Active business to M&C Saatchi without a pitch and gave the agency the task of launching the brand.
In February this year, Lucozade appointed Fuse Digital to handle all of its digital activity, including website creation and e-mail marketing.
The agency is developing websites for all of the Lucozade products, as well as for the Lucozade Sports Science Academy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Lead London Bullion Market Association Up to £55,000 per annum + benefits based on experience., London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer (6 Months FTC ) become £35k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer/Conceptual Creative become £45K-£50K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Designer become £20K-£25K, London (Central), London (Greater)