Online casino launches new kit for Aston Villa
By by Joanne Oatts, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 July 2006 12:30PM
LONDON - 32Red.com and Aston Villa have unveiled the club's new home kit with the designs incorporating ideas and suggestions from fans.
Over 4,000 supporters took part in a survey run by the Gibraltar-based online gambling operator, submitting ideas for the shirts for the 2006/7 season.
Ed Ware, 32Red's chief executive, said: "We think it is a classic design and we have no doubt it will become a firm favourite amongst the fans."
The company attracts players from around the world but has a predominantly UK player base, with 83% of its customers coming from the UK and Ireland.
The new Villa kit, with the casino's logo appearing on the team's claret and blue shirts, was on show for the first time at the club's Bodymoor Heath training ground earlier this week.
Villa's sales director, Stuart Ryan, said: "Everyone at 32Red plc is very proud and excited that millions of people throughout the world will now see the 32Red.com website address every time they tune into to see Aston Villa playing in the Premiership."
Aston Villa's season kicks off on August 19, with the team the first to face Arsenal at the new Emirates Stadium.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital