Grand Union lands £3m npower task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2006 12:00AM
Npower is understood to have handed Grand Union its £3 million online creative brief.
The digital agency will now work on a variety of projects with a focus on online brand awareness, eCRM, customer recruitment and driving traffic to the npower website.
The agency triumphed in a competitive pitch called by npower's parent company, RWE, in April as part of an overhaul of its online marketing strategy.
Last year, the utility company appointed the Aegis-owned digital media specialist Diffiniti to develop an online media plan to help the brand compete with British Gas.
It later announced its intention to double its marketing spend to £20 million, promising to increase the proportion of its budget spent online from 7 per cent to 14 per cent. At the same time, it bolstered its marketing department by appointing a number of digital marketing specialists.
Npower denied it had made an appointment, while Grand Union declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views