Grand Union lands £3m npower task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2006 12:00AM
Npower is understood to have handed Grand Union its £3 million online creative brief.
The digital agency will now work on a variety of projects with a focus on online brand awareness, eCRM, customer recruitment and driving traffic to the npower website.
The agency triumphed in a competitive pitch called by npower's parent company, RWE, in April as part of an overhaul of its online marketing strategy.
Last year, the utility company appointed the Aegis-owned digital media specialist Diffiniti to develop an online media plan to help the brand compete with British Gas.
It later announced its intention to double its marketing spend to £20 million, promising to increase the proportion of its budget spent online from 7 per cent to 14 per cent. At the same time, it bolstered its marketing department by appointing a number of digital marketing specialists.
Npower denied it had made an appointment, while Grand Union declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad