Grand Union lands £3m npower task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2006 12:00AM
Npower is understood to have handed Grand Union its £3 million online creative brief.
The digital agency will now work on a variety of projects with a focus on online brand awareness, eCRM, customer recruitment and driving traffic to the npower website.
The agency triumphed in a competitive pitch called by npower's parent company, RWE, in April as part of an overhaul of its online marketing strategy.
Last year, the utility company appointed the Aegis-owned digital media specialist Diffiniti to develop an online media plan to help the brand compete with British Gas.
It later announced its intention to double its marketing spend to £20 million, promising to increase the proportion of its budget spent online from 7 per cent to 14 per cent. At the same time, it bolstered its marketing department by appointing a number of digital marketing specialists.
Npower denied it had made an appointment, while Grand Union declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy