Grand Union lands £3m npower task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2006 12:00AM
Npower is understood to have handed Grand Union its £3 million online creative brief.
The digital agency will now work on a variety of projects with a focus on online brand awareness, eCRM, customer recruitment and driving traffic to the npower website.
The agency triumphed in a competitive pitch called by npower's parent company, RWE, in April as part of an overhaul of its online marketing strategy.
Last year, the utility company appointed the Aegis-owned digital media specialist Diffiniti to develop an online media plan to help the brand compete with British Gas.
It later announced its intention to double its marketing spend to £20 million, promising to increase the proportion of its budget spent online from 7 per cent to 14 per cent. At the same time, it bolstered its marketing department by appointing a number of digital marketing specialists.
Npower denied it had made an appointment, while Grand Union declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Publishing Partners) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Incentive + Company Benefits Package,