Grand Union lands £3m npower task
By Larissa Bannister, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 July 2006 12:00AM
Npower is understood to have handed Grand Union its £3 million online creative brief.
The digital agency will now work on a variety of projects with a focus on online brand awareness, eCRM, customer recruitment and driving traffic to the npower website.
The agency triumphed in a competitive pitch called by npower's parent company, RWE, in April as part of an overhaul of its online marketing strategy.
Last year, the utility company appointed the Aegis-owned digital media specialist Diffiniti to develop an online media plan to help the brand compete with British Gas.
It later announced its intention to double its marketing spend to £20 million, promising to increase the proportion of its budget spent online from 7 per cent to 14 per cent. At the same time, it bolstered its marketing department by appointing a number of digital marketing specialists.
Npower denied it had made an appointment, while Grand Union declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Manager - Independent Agency -London - £28k-£35k Fill Recruitment £28,000-£35,000, London (Greater)
- Data & Analytics Director Lipton Fleming £100000 - £120000 per annum + handsome benefits, London
- Creative Designer/Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - COULD BE PART TIME Barker Graves Up to £50k plus bens, South West London close to transport links
- Freelance Content Manager Source £150 - £300 per day, London
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building