Craik Jones to promote 'Great Britain' for Virgin Trains
By by Joanne Oatts, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 14 August 2006 07:00AM
LONDON - Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel has created a doordrop and direct mail execution for Virgin Trains' integrated "Great Britain for Great Prices" campaign.
The campaign is being sent to 140,000 existing customers, divided into five UK regions. Each region will receive a targeted mailing featuring a familiar local landmark on the cover, with the strapline "change your scene".
The piece opens to reveal another location in a different part of the UK, with details of the Virgin Trains fare for the journey.
The Reading mailing shows the busy town centre on the cover but opens to reveal a picture of Brighton pier. Four other variants - London to Chester, Manchester to London, Glasgow to the Lake District and Taunton to Penzance - have also been produced. Door drops using this creative will target 350,000 households.
Louise Maclean, account director at Craik Jones, said: "Dividing the creative into five different geographical areas allowed us to tailor route messages on a regional basis, thereby enhancing the relevance of the communication to prospective customers."
The mailing also features a competition and directs customers to the website and the online booking facility.
Natalie Aitken, direct marketing manager at Virgin Trains, added: "The elements of the campaign highlight the great value for money offered by our Value Advanced tickets."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show