Sun signs mobile ad deal with Enpocket
By Media Week, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 September 2006 12:00AM
The Sun newspaper has signed a deal with mobile marketing firm Enpocket to provide display advertising on its new WAP site, Sun Mobile.
Under the deal, Enpocket will manage the technology and sales for advertising on the site, which will allow brands to place clickable mobile display ads and text links alongside the paper's content.
News Group Digital's commercial manager Simon Ashley said: "Now that we are seeing very healthy traffic going into Sun Mobile, we are looking at monetising the site through supporting advertising."
Enpocket's Europe managing director David Barker said the mobile advertising market was poised to be worth $10bn by 2010.
"Mobile marketing is entering a phase where interactions beyond simple text messaging will become the norm," he said.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International Media Account Manager - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package + bonus, London
- Comms Account Director -Music Brand -Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £45000 - £65000 per annum + competitive, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned