Sun signs mobile ad deal with Enpocket
By Media Week, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 September 2006 12:00AM
The Sun newspaper has signed a deal with mobile marketing firm Enpocket to provide display advertising on its new WAP site, Sun Mobile.
Under the deal, Enpocket will manage the technology and sales for advertising on the site, which will allow brands to place clickable mobile display ads and text links alongside the paper's content.
News Group Digital's commercial manager Simon Ashley said: "Now that we are seeing very healthy traffic going into Sun Mobile, we are looking at monetising the site through supporting advertising."
Enpocket's Europe managing director David Barker said the mobile advertising market was poised to be worth $10bn by 2010.
"Mobile marketing is entering a phase where interactions beyond simple text messaging will become the norm," he said.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch