The Red Brick Road swoops on DDB's talent
By by Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 September 2006 08:30AM
LONDON - Paul Hammersley has raided his former agency DDB to complete the management line-up at The Red Brick Road. Justin Tindall becomes the creative partner, while Karen Fisher is joining as the managing director.
Tindall, DDB's head of art, joins the agency's other three creative partners Paul Weinberger, Jason Lawes and Sam Cartmell with an equity stake. However, Fisher, DDB's head of account management, will not receive equity. Fisher will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the 60-strong agency and will oversee the £60m Tesco account.
The agency initially offered the managing director's post to Mark Cadman, but he turned it down in favour of the chief executive's job at Euro RSCG at the start of the year.
Hammersley said: "That someone of Justin's calibre is joining us as creative partner reflects our real commitment to putting creativity at the top of the agenda and his desire to be part of that. He is one of the most awarded creatives of his generation in the world and has a real sense of where this business is headed."
He continued: "I worked closely with Karen at DDB in 2004 and 2005. She's a fantastic talent and a delightful person. After six months we now employ 60 people and we really need some help in running the place. The combination of Justin and Karen is fantastically exciting."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media