Publicis picks up £5m Oxo business
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 September 2006 12:00AM
Publicis has picked up Premier Foods' £5 million Oxo account without a pitch.
The business was previously held by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which had handled it since March 2001.
The agency has been briefed to reconnect the brand with the British public. However, it is unclear whether it will use the iconic Oxo family format that made the product famous in the 80s and 90s. The brand's most famous ads starred Lynda Bellingham as the matriarch of an archetypal British family.
Oxo became part of Premier Foods in July this year when the company bought the UK and Irish divisions of the Campbell Soup Company for £460 million.
Publicis' appointment to the business follows its addition to the Premier Foods roster in May, when the agency won the £8 million Quorn account. It beat FCB, Mother and Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy in a pitch.
Tim Lindsay, the Publicis UK Group chairman, said: "We are delighted that our hard work on Quorn has resulted in our appointment to handle the advertising for this famous British brand."
Premier Foods' marketing director, Howard Beveridge, added: "The agency impressed us with its understanding of British consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London