Grand Union lands COI's safe sex task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 October 2006 12:00AM
Grand Union has won COI's online brief to promote safe sex to young people.
The agency won the Department of Health account after a two-way final shoot-out against Profero.
Grand Union will devise digital communications for an integrated campaign launching in mid-November and will also design and develop a new consumer website.
The campaign is part of an initiative to reduce the number of sexually transmitted infections among 16- to 24-year-olds by promoting safer sex through the normalisation of condom use.
Grand Union will also develop a stakeholder website to support the initiative. It will be aimed at public health practitioners, healthcare communicators, administrators and promoters.
Rob Forshaw, a partner at the agency, said: "Removing the taboo that exists around condom use among young people is something we feel is well suited to interactive media."
The Government last year increased its advertising budget to £50 million in response to figures showing a rise in the number of STDs.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Event Co-ordinator Stopgap £24000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Retail Brands! Royds Raphael c£40k + bonus & benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad