Grand Union lands COI's safe sex task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 October 2006 12:00AM
Grand Union has won COI's online brief to promote safe sex to young people.
The agency won the Department of Health account after a two-way final shoot-out against Profero.
Grand Union will devise digital communications for an integrated campaign launching in mid-November and will also design and develop a new consumer website.
The campaign is part of an initiative to reduce the number of sexually transmitted infections among 16- to 24-year-olds by promoting safer sex through the normalisation of condom use.
Grand Union will also develop a stakeholder website to support the initiative. It will be aimed at public health practitioners, healthcare communicators, administrators and promoters.
Rob Forshaw, a partner at the agency, said: "Removing the taboo that exists around condom use among young people is something we feel is well suited to interactive media."
The Government last year increased its advertising budget to £50 million in response to figures showing a rise in the number of STDs.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show