Grand Union announces restructure plans
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 November 2006 12:00AM
The independent digital agency Grand Union is to restructure into three mini-agencies as part of its growth strategy.
Jaimes Leggett, Alicja Bakinowska and Nicole Dyer have been promoted from account directors to group directors, and will head up one of the new mini-agencies. As well as running existing accounts, the mini-agencies will also be pitching for new business.
Grand Union currently employs 60 staff, but plans to take on up to 100 people over the next 12 months.
Robert Forshaw, a partner at Grand Union, said: "The idea is to create a bit of healthy competition and to develop a greater sense of culture within smaller groups.
"We don't want to lose the small-agency culture because we've grown too big."
Forshaw also said that the new structure could help deal with "soft" client conflicts, but not necessarily harder ones. As more brands shift budget to digital marketing, conflict is becoming an issue. The restructure comes after a series of account wins at the agency.
Last month, Grand Union was appointed by Boots to develop the digital strategy for Boots.com. It also picked up COI's brief to promote safe sex to young people online, and a brief from the Department for Education and Skills to drive awareness of the financial help available to students in higher education.
Comment, page 40.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Dutch Speaking Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 per annum, West London
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs