Coleen McLoughlin to become new face of Diet Coke
By by Alex Donohue, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 06 November 2006 08:40AM
LONDON - Coleen McLoughlin, girlfriend of England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, is to become the face of Diet Coke, matching her partner's contract with sister brand Coke Zero.
According to reports, McLoughlin and Rooney will appear together in a TV and billboard campaign this Christmas in a deal that follows her £1.5m agreement with Asda clothing range George for its Must Have range, which launched in September.
Rooney was dropped as the face of Asda just three months into a £3m deal in July, following poor performances in the World Cup for England.
It is understood that McLoughlin and Rooney had previously wished to be viewed as "separate acquisitions" in ads, but the deal with Coca-Cola will mark the first time the couple have appeared in a campaign together.
McLoughlin already has a £500,000 contract with LG Mobile, to advertise its touchpad slide mobile phone, and helped launch the company's LG Chocolate Pink phone range in Manchester on Friday.
She has garnered an estimated £6m in ad deals, making her one of the most successful England WAGs, along with Victoria Beckham, who launched the Intimately Beckham scent range, and Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Tweedy, wife of Ashley Cole, who helped launch Coke Zero in July.
McLoughlin also has a £1.5m ad deal with Nike to promote its Nike C womenswear range.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
- Artworker (Corporate Communications, Annual Reports) Creative Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show