Coleen McLoughlin to become new face of Diet Coke
By by Alex Donohue, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 06 November 2006 08:40AM
LONDON - Coleen McLoughlin, girlfriend of England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, is to become the face of Diet Coke, matching her partner's contract with sister brand Coke Zero.
According to reports, McLoughlin and Rooney will appear together in a TV and billboard campaign this Christmas in a deal that follows her £1.5m agreement with Asda clothing range George for its Must Have range, which launched in September.
Rooney was dropped as the face of Asda just three months into a £3m deal in July, following poor performances in the World Cup for England.
It is understood that McLoughlin and Rooney had previously wished to be viewed as "separate acquisitions" in ads, but the deal with Coca-Cola will mark the first time the couple have appeared in a campaign together.
McLoughlin already has a £500,000 contract with LG Mobile, to advertise its touchpad slide mobile phone, and helped launch the company's LG Chocolate Pink phone range in Manchester on Friday.
She has garnered an estimated £6m in ad deals, making her one of the most successful England WAGs, along with Victoria Beckham, who launched the Intimately Beckham scent range, and Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Tweedy, wife of Ashley Cole, who helped launch Coke Zero in July.
McLoughlin also has a £1.5m ad deal with Nike to promote its Nike C womenswear range.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director Better Placed Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Visual Designer Propel £30000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, East London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014