Women to be targeted by new hunk in Diet Coke ads
By by Sarah Woods, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 16 November 2006 09:00AM
LONDON - Diet Coke is set to get women's pulses racing once again with the revival of the iconic bare-chested, six-packed hunk for a new TV ad campaign next year.
Created by Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, the new spot will feature the 2007 hunk alongside a group of young women creating their own Diet Coke break.
Following the launch of Coca-Cola Zero, dubbed "Bloke Coke", the campaign goes back to focus on diet Coke's female customer-base.
A star for the campaign will not be named until January, but several celebrities are being considered.
In addition, casting directors are on the look-out for a "timeless hunk" and are inviting women to nominate suitable men, both celebrity and man-on-the-street by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The campaign is designed to follow on from the legendary Diet Coke Break ads of the early 90s. These included the "builder hunk" spot with Lucky Vanous, who took his 11.30 break with the female office workers glued to the windows and "appointment hunk" Robert Merrill as the office window cleaner.
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director of Coca-Cola GB, said: "The time is right to introduce a whole new generation of women to the Diet Coke hunk.
"The new campaign will reflect how women's attitudes to men and relationships have changed."
The campaign will break across TV, cinema, billboards and print from late January 2007. Media buying is by Vizeum.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-35K plus bonus, dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)