Zenith scoops £4m Diesel launch task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 January 2007 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has been appointed by Diesel to mastermind the £4 million UK launch of a range of Diesel-branded fragrances.
It is thought that Zenith- Optimedia had to pitch against Naked Communications and Michaelides & Bednash to secure the launch. It is the main planning and buying incumbent for L'Oreal, which will produce the fragrances for Diesel.
The first Diesel fragrance will be unveiled later this year, with further launches, for both men and women, expected to follow. The products will be marketed by the prestige and collections division of L'Oreal Fragrances. Other fragrances within this unit of L'Oreal include Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren and Cacharel.
According to sources close to the pitch, the Diesel fragrances launch is expected to receive backing of between £2 million and £3 million on advertising, with the remainder of the budget allocated for promotional activities.
ZenithOptimedia captured the UK L'Oreal planning and buying account two years ago as part of a pan-European win for the network. The business was previously held by Universal McCann.
The agency refused to comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Web Specialist Brand Recruitment £22000 - £30000 per annum, Letchworth Garden City
- Marketing Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment excellent benefits, Cambridge
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Basildon
- Project Director Purple Consultancy £60000 - £70000 per annum, London