Zenith scoops £4m Diesel launch task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 January 2007 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has been appointed by Diesel to mastermind the £4 million UK launch of a range of Diesel-branded fragrances.
It is thought that Zenith- Optimedia had to pitch against Naked Communications and Michaelides & Bednash to secure the launch. It is the main planning and buying incumbent for L'Oreal, which will produce the fragrances for Diesel.
The first Diesel fragrance will be unveiled later this year, with further launches, for both men and women, expected to follow. The products will be marketed by the prestige and collections division of L'Oreal Fragrances. Other fragrances within this unit of L'Oreal include Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren and Cacharel.
According to sources close to the pitch, the Diesel fragrances launch is expected to receive backing of between £2 million and £3 million on advertising, with the remainder of the budget allocated for promotional activities.
ZenithOptimedia captured the UK L'Oreal planning and buying account two years ago as part of a pan-European win for the network. The business was previously held by Universal McCann.
The agency refused to comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad