Tomalin to head up Emap Advertising's Emap2
By by Mark Banham, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 06 February 2007 11:45AM
LONDON - Emap Advertising has announced the appointment of Rob Tomalin as head of its cross-media department Emap2, replacing Carrie Barker who announced her departure to become managing director of Emap Australia in October.
Reporting directly into Marcus Rich, Emap Advertising managing director, Tomalin will establish strategic partnerships with clients and media agencies in order to further Emap2's client offering.
Tomalin joined Emap Advertising in 2002 to set up a new-business team and was later made cross media group account director.
Prior to joining Emap, he worked in media sales for 12 years, including time spent at ITV working with sales houses TSMS and MAS.
Emap2 works with clients such as Xbox, Sony Ericsson and Ford Fiesta.
Rich said: "[Rob's] success at fully integrating strategic planning into Emap2's creative process means that he is ideally suited to take Emap2 forward into what will no doubt be another award winning year for the team."
Tomalin said: "Having been part of the launch team of Emap2 in February 2006, it is a great opportunity to lead the team forward in 2007 and beyond. We are dedicated to understanding agencies business needs and working with them to deliver the best solutions for their clients."
Barker's departure to Emap Australia left the role of magazine sales director at Emap Advertising vacant until the company promoted digital sales director Jason Trout to fill it.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager (Branding) air recruitment Up to £38K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £41k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4