Tomalin to head up Emap Advertising's Emap2
By by Mark Banham, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 06 February 2007 11:45AM
LONDON - Emap Advertising has announced the appointment of Rob Tomalin as head of its cross-media department Emap2, replacing Carrie Barker who announced her departure to become managing director of Emap Australia in October.
Reporting directly into Marcus Rich, Emap Advertising managing director, Tomalin will establish strategic partnerships with clients and media agencies in order to further Emap2's client offering.
Tomalin joined Emap Advertising in 2002 to set up a new-business team and was later made cross media group account director.
Prior to joining Emap, he worked in media sales for 12 years, including time spent at ITV working with sales houses TSMS and MAS.
Emap2 works with clients such as Xbox, Sony Ericsson and Ford Fiesta.
Rich said: "[Rob's] success at fully integrating strategic planning into Emap2's creative process means that he is ideally suited to take Emap2 forward into what will no doubt be another award winning year for the team."
Tomalin said: "Having been part of the launch team of Emap2 in February 2006, it is a great opportunity to lead the team forward in 2007 and beyond. We are dedicated to understanding agencies business needs and working with them to deliver the best solutions for their clients."
Barker's departure to Emap Australia left the role of magazine sales director at Emap Advertising vacant until the company promoted digital sales director Jason Trout to fill it.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Data and Insights Director - Global agency - top-tier client Ultimate Asset £65 - £75 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £39000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign