DiSesa returns to head McCann's worldwide J&J account
By by Joanne Payne, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 13 February 2007 12:10PM
LONDON - Nina DiSesa, chairman of McCann Erickson New York, is to come out of semi-retirement to take the post of worldwide creative director on its Johnson & Johnson account, a new role created for her.
DiSesa headed up the agency's flagship New York creative department until 2004 when she left to write a book about her experiences in the ad business.
Joyce King-Thomas, executive vice-president and chief creative officer, took over the chief creative role when DiSesa left.
DiSesa said: "Although I like the chairman job and being an author has its moments, my heart is with the creative department. When Joyce asked me to think about taking on this responsibility, the opportunity to partner with her on J&J was too wonderful to resist."
King-Thomas said: "For both Nina and McCann, the timing of this responsibility is perfect. Nina's book has been turned in to Random House, allowing her to devote her considerable energies to J&J, and we get to deploy one of the best creative talents in the business against this important client's expanding business."
Irwin Warren has recently retired from heading the Johnson & Johnson account but will remain a consultant to McCann Erickson. The agency handles $200m (£100m) in worldwide advertising revenue for the brand, which includes the Acuvue and Band-Aid brands.
Before joining McCann Erickson in 1994, DiSesa worked as executive creative director at JWT in Chicago.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London