DiSesa returns to head McCann's worldwide J&J account
By by Joanne Payne, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 13 February 2007 12:10PM
LONDON - Nina DiSesa, chairman of McCann Erickson New York, is to come out of semi-retirement to take the post of worldwide creative director on its Johnson & Johnson account, a new role created for her.
DiSesa headed up the agency's flagship New York creative department until 2004 when she left to write a book about her experiences in the ad business.
Joyce King-Thomas, executive vice-president and chief creative officer, took over the chief creative role when DiSesa left.
DiSesa said: "Although I like the chairman job and being an author has its moments, my heart is with the creative department. When Joyce asked me to think about taking on this responsibility, the opportunity to partner with her on J&J was too wonderful to resist."
King-Thomas said: "For both Nina and McCann, the timing of this responsibility is perfect. Nina's book has been turned in to Random House, allowing her to devote her considerable energies to J&J, and we get to deploy one of the best creative talents in the business against this important client's expanding business."
Irwin Warren has recently retired from heading the Johnson & Johnson account but will remain a consultant to McCann Erickson. The agency handles $200m (£100m) in worldwide advertising revenue for the brand, which includes the Acuvue and Band-Aid brands.
Before joining McCann Erickson in 1994, DiSesa worked as executive creative director at JWT in Chicago.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show