Emap Advertising appoints Daisley as digital sales director
By Mark Banham, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 23 February 2007 04:30PM
LONDON - Emap Advertising has appointed Bruce Daisley to the role of digital sales director, replacing Jason Trout who left the position in November to take the role of magazine sales director at the publisher.
Daisley will lead Emap Advertising's 20-strong digital sales team with responsibility for the group's digital advertising strategy across online, mobile, IPTV and VOD platforms.
He will work across the senior teams at Emap Advertising and Emap Performance.
Marcus Rich, managing director at Emap Advertising, said: "We are very pleased to be announcing Bruce's appointment -- his hugely successful track record and years of experience speak for themselves. Digital is of ever increasing importance to our clients and Bruce's appointment, along with our ongoing investment and senior-level input into this area, is indicative of Emap Advertising's focus on the digital arena."
Daisley joined Emap in 1997 and has since worked in a variety of roles internally, ranging from Emap On Air to previously leading the online sales team in 2000.
He moves into his new role at the start of March, switching from his current position of head of agency sales for Emap's radio division, a position he has held for four years.
Dharmash Mistry, managing director of ECM and Emap Performance, said: "I am delighted that Bruce has overcome stiff competition to take on the leadership of Emap Advertising's digital sales force. This appointment comes at an exciting time of digital growth at Emap, further to the recent acquisition of Yospace, the launch of IPTV via BT Vision and the launch of Emap's branded video on demand service with Arts Alliance Media across film, bikes and golf."
Trout replaced Carrie Barker, who became managing director of Emap Australia.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web