Emap Advertising appoints Daisley as digital sales director
By Mark Banham, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 23 February 2007 04:30PM
LONDON - Emap Advertising has appointed Bruce Daisley to the role of digital sales director, replacing Jason Trout who left the position in November to take the role of magazine sales director at the publisher.
Daisley will lead Emap Advertising's 20-strong digital sales team with responsibility for the group's digital advertising strategy across online, mobile, IPTV and VOD platforms.
He will work across the senior teams at Emap Advertising and Emap Performance.
Marcus Rich, managing director at Emap Advertising, said: "We are very pleased to be announcing Bruce's appointment -- his hugely successful track record and years of experience speak for themselves. Digital is of ever increasing importance to our clients and Bruce's appointment, along with our ongoing investment and senior-level input into this area, is indicative of Emap Advertising's focus on the digital arena."
Daisley joined Emap in 1997 and has since worked in a variety of roles internally, ranging from Emap On Air to previously leading the online sales team in 2000.
He moves into his new role at the start of March, switching from his current position of head of agency sales for Emap's radio division, a position he has held for four years.
Dharmash Mistry, managing director of ECM and Emap Performance, said: "I am delighted that Bruce has overcome stiff competition to take on the leadership of Emap Advertising's digital sales force. This appointment comes at an exciting time of digital growth at Emap, further to the recent acquisition of Yospace, the launch of IPTV via BT Vision and the launch of Emap's branded video on demand service with Arts Alliance Media across film, bikes and golf."
Trout replaced Carrie Barker, who became managing director of Emap Australia.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%