Strongbow to roll out Gold over-ice variant
By Ed Kemp, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 28 February 2007 12:00AM
Strongbow is attempting to break into the over-ice cider market created by Magners with the introduction of a Gold variant.
The Scottish & Newcastle-owned brand plans to launch Strongbow Gold initially in France, Germany and Spain, but it is understood that the brand will eventually roll out across the UK, where it would enter a market competing against sister brand Bulmers and Magners.
The UK cider market was worth about £1.5bn in 2006 - a year-on-year rise of 16%, according to Mintel.
Strongbow is the market leader with an on-trade share of nearly 50%, with Magners coming second.
S&N's cider portfolio comprises Strongbow, Bulmers, Woodpecker and Scrumpy Jack.
Last year, it launched Strongbow Jacques, targeting women, in 300 Greene King pubs ahead of a planned roll-out this year.
S&N is poised to back its range of ciders with a £1m on-trade umbrella campaign (Marketing, 21 February).
Last week, the company announced that it plans to make cost savings of £50m over the next three years. It claimed the smoking ban would have a major impact on its 2007 sales, predicting annual losses of £10m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Junior Marketing Analyst-Leading Publisher Salt £24000 - £26000 per annum, Cambridge
- PPC Executive Dot-Gap £19k, London Central
- Account Director (Planning) Dot-Gap £45k + BONUS, London Central