Tribal DDB wins £8m GlaxoSmithKline toothpaste tasks
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 March 2007 12:00AM
Tribal DDB has been appointed by GlaxoSmithKline as the global online agency of record for the brands of toothpaste Aquafresh and Sensodyne.
The digital agency Tribal DDB, part of Omnicom's DDB network, has worked with GSK since last June, when it won the Panadol brand. It won Sensodyne after a three-way pitch against Joshua G2 Interactive and the GSK roster agency Worth. The Aquafresh brief was uncontested.
Grey London retains the above-the-line accounts for the brands, which are two of GSK's biggest, accounting for a combined media spend of more than £8 million. Media is handled by MediaCom.
Grey's sister agency, Joshua G2 Interactive, previously worked on online for the brands, although Tribal has been working on business-to-business projects for Sensodyne over the past six months.
GSK has been looking at its above-the-line and media agency arrangements this year. It is understood to be planning a region-by-region review of its £500 million media account.
GSK is also looking for a digital agency to help reposition Ribena, which falls under its drinks division. Pitches have gone ahead and a result is expected as early as next week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ï»¿Senior Programmatic Optimisation Manager Aspire £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Temporary Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £10 Per Hour, Northamptonshire