MindShare scoops Diesel media brief
By Danielle Long, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 April 2007 12:00AM
MindShare has won the media planning and buying account for the Diesel fashion brand in the UK.
MindShare picked up the account from the premium and luxury brand agency BLM Red, which was known as Red Media before its acquisition by BLM Group in 2006. BLM Red had held the account for seven years.
The win consolidates the account with MindShare across Europe. MindShare picked up the European media account in a pitch last year, but the UK account had remained with BLM Red.
Diesel's UK media spend in 2006 was £1.1 million. The majority of its spend is invested in print advertising, although it also invests in outdoor and online media.
The Diesel account includes the men's and women's fashion ranges, the unisex clothing range, footwear and jeans brands. It does not, however, include the Diesel fragrance line, which is a joint project between L'Oreal and Diesel and is handled by ZenithOptimedia.
MindShare has also landed the £1 million Olympus media planning and buying account from the incumbent, Initiative, this week. Last week, the agency won the COI brief to produce fast-turnaround campaigns for national emergencies. It followed a pitch against Carat, Manning Gottlieb OMD and MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Junior Digital Designer/Creative Artworker Apple&Ink £20-23k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager, Technology, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Negotiable, London