Entwistle named as acting controller of BBC Four
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 11:55AM
LONDON - The BBC has named George Entwistle, head of TV current affairs, as acting controller of BBC Four for six months, from the beginning of May as current controller, Janice Hadlow, takes time off.
Hadlow is taking a sabbatical in order to focus on writing a book on George III. She will also spend some time consulting on the wider BBC Vision strategy.
Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, said: "Having commissioned both current affairs and arts programmes for BBC Four since its inception, George really understands the channel and I know he will steer it effectively and creatively through the next six months.
BBC Four was named Channel Of The Year at Edinburgh in 2006.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Director + Account Manager / Brand Design Gemini Search £30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Data Scientist - [Gaming|SQL|R|Python|Tableau] - Central London Salt £50000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Duke Network Circa £32k - £37k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Major Players £37000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits , London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media