Entwistle named as acting controller of BBC Four
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 11:55AM
LONDON - The BBC has named George Entwistle, head of TV current affairs, as acting controller of BBC Four for six months, from the beginning of May as current controller, Janice Hadlow, takes time off.
Hadlow is taking a sabbatical in order to focus on writing a book on George III. She will also spend some time consulting on the wider BBC Vision strategy.
Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, said: "Having commissioned both current affairs and arts programmes for BBC Four since its inception, George really understands the channel and I know he will steer it effectively and creatively through the next six months.
BBC Four was named Channel Of The Year at Edinburgh in 2006.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of Marketing - Central Europe Salt £65000 - £100000 per annum + dependent on location, London
- Events Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Design Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / France / United Arab Emirates / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts