Entwistle named as acting controller of BBC Four
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 18 April 2007 11:55AM
LONDON - The BBC has named George Entwistle, head of TV current affairs, as acting controller of BBC Four for six months, from the beginning of May as current controller, Janice Hadlow, takes time off.
Hadlow is taking a sabbatical in order to focus on writing a book on George III. She will also spend some time consulting on the wider BBC Vision strategy.
Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, said: "Having commissioned both current affairs and arts programmes for BBC Four since its inception, George really understands the channel and I know he will steer it effectively and creatively through the next six months.
BBC Four was named Channel Of The Year at Edinburgh in 2006.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol