Aga appoints Cogent Elliot to creative account
By Charlie McCathie, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 14 May 2007 05:25PM
LONDON - Cogent Elliott has landed the advertising account for Aga, the stored-heat cooker brand, and has set to work on a national advertising campaign to be rolled out in autumn.
Morris Nicholson Cartwright previously held the account, and devised the slogan "iron age woman", to promote the clay cookers.
Aga is believed to be ploughing £1m into the new advertising campaign, in a bid to drive sales, which mainly come from high-income households. Cogent Elliott will target a younger, more urban consumer base with its advertising.
Cogent will also be tasked with marketing communications for the brand, after fending off competition from four other agencies to win the account. Direct mail, point of sale, digital consultancy and customer relationship management will all be part of the agency's remit.
Simon Page, Aga's marketing director, said: "Cogent's understanding of our strategic challenges and ability to apply outstanding creativity across the full range of media, coupled with their insight into our target market through their work with other premium brands such as Jaguar and Fortnum & Mason makes them an ideal partner."
Tim Pile, CEO of Cogent Elliott, said: "Aga is a truly iconic brand that invokes a passionate response from those involved with it -- and we're delighted to be part of the team taking that brand forward."
Cogent Elliot's head office resides in the midlands, with satellite offices in London and Danbury.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show