Aga appoints Cogent Elliot to creative account
By Charlie McCathie, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 14 May 2007 05:25PM
LONDON - Cogent Elliott has landed the advertising account for Aga, the stored-heat cooker brand, and has set to work on a national advertising campaign to be rolled out in autumn.
Morris Nicholson Cartwright previously held the account, and devised the slogan "iron age woman", to promote the clay cookers.
Aga is believed to be ploughing £1m into the new advertising campaign, in a bid to drive sales, which mainly come from high-income households. Cogent Elliott will target a younger, more urban consumer base with its advertising.
Cogent will also be tasked with marketing communications for the brand, after fending off competition from four other agencies to win the account. Direct mail, point of sale, digital consultancy and customer relationship management will all be part of the agency's remit.
Simon Page, Aga's marketing director, said: "Cogent's understanding of our strategic challenges and ability to apply outstanding creativity across the full range of media, coupled with their insight into our target market through their work with other premium brands such as Jaguar and Fortnum & Mason makes them an ideal partner."
Tim Pile, CEO of Cogent Elliott, said: "Aga is a truly iconic brand that invokes a passionate response from those involved with it -- and we're delighted to be part of the team taking that brand forward."
Cogent Elliot's head office resides in the midlands, with satellite offices in London and Danbury.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing & PR Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £23,500, West Sussex
- Mid-Senior Copywriter | contract | leading mobile application Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Publisher Director Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign