Aga appoints Cogent Elliot to creative account
By Charlie McCathie, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 14 May 2007 05:25PM
LONDON - Cogent Elliott has landed the advertising account for Aga, the stored-heat cooker brand, and has set to work on a national advertising campaign to be rolled out in autumn.
Morris Nicholson Cartwright previously held the account, and devised the slogan "iron age woman", to promote the clay cookers.
Aga is believed to be ploughing £1m into the new advertising campaign, in a bid to drive sales, which mainly come from high-income households. Cogent Elliott will target a younger, more urban consumer base with its advertising.
Cogent will also be tasked with marketing communications for the brand, after fending off competition from four other agencies to win the account. Direct mail, point of sale, digital consultancy and customer relationship management will all be part of the agency's remit.
Simon Page, Aga's marketing director, said: "Cogent's understanding of our strategic challenges and ability to apply outstanding creativity across the full range of media, coupled with their insight into our target market through their work with other premium brands such as Jaguar and Fortnum & Mason makes them an ideal partner."
Tim Pile, CEO of Cogent Elliott, said: "Aga is a truly iconic brand that invokes a passionate response from those involved with it -- and we're delighted to be part of the team taking that brand forward."
Cogent Elliot's head office resides in the midlands, with satellite offices in London and Danbury.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film