BBH put on alert as Birds Eye calls pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2007 12:00AM
Birds Eye has asked Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to pitch against the incumbent agency, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, for its £15 million advertising brief.
Martin Glenn, the chief executive of Birds Eye and the former president of PepsiCo, is overseeing the review, which will kick off next month.
BBH has handled the account for just over three years.
Glenn has a longstanding relationship with AMV, which worked on the Gary Lineker campaign for PepsiCo's Walkers brand. He was hired by Birds Eye in October last year, one month after Permira Funds bought the company from Unilever for £1.6 billion.
The pitch follows news of a review of Birds Eye's media planning and buying business out of MindShare. MindShare's parent company, WPP, has offered to move media duties into Mediaedge:cia in a bid to keep the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PPC Lead - Leading Dig Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [BTL / Promotions / Digital] - £45k - £50k + bonus! Fill Recruitment £45k - £50k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Account Director [Contract] - BTL / Promotions - European role - to £50k pro rata Fill Recruitment to £50k pro rata, plus bonus and superb benefits., London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control