BBH put on alert as Birds Eye calls pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2007 12:00AM
Birds Eye has asked Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to pitch against the incumbent agency, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, for its £15 million advertising brief.
Martin Glenn, the chief executive of Birds Eye and the former president of PepsiCo, is overseeing the review, which will kick off next month.
BBH has handled the account for just over three years.
Glenn has a longstanding relationship with AMV, which worked on the Gary Lineker campaign for PepsiCo's Walkers brand. He was hired by Birds Eye in October last year, one month after Permira Funds bought the company from Unilever for £1.6 billion.
The pitch follows news of a review of Birds Eye's media planning and buying business out of MindShare. MindShare's parent company, WPP, has offered to move media duties into Mediaedge:cia in a bid to keep the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager . Oxford/Banbury £30,000 plus bonus package to £40,000 plus Golf. Mark Paine Recruitment £30,000 plus bonus to £40,000 OTE plus car/ Golf, Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Social Media Officer Care Quality Commission £34,241, London (Greater)
- Product Translator - German Creative Recruitment £80 - £100 per day, West London
- Marketing Officer (8 weeks / 2 month contract) Stopgap £25000 - £28000 per annum, West Midlands
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Adam & Eve/DDB grabs £100,000 prize from Posterscope