BBH put on alert as Birds Eye calls pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2007 12:00AM
Birds Eye has asked Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to pitch against the incumbent agency, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, for its £15 million advertising brief.
Martin Glenn, the chief executive of Birds Eye and the former president of PepsiCo, is overseeing the review, which will kick off next month.
BBH has handled the account for just over three years.
Glenn has a longstanding relationship with AMV, which worked on the Gary Lineker campaign for PepsiCo's Walkers brand. He was hired by Birds Eye in October last year, one month after Permira Funds bought the company from Unilever for £1.6 billion.
The pitch follows news of a review of Birds Eye's media planning and buying business out of MindShare. MindShare's parent company, WPP, has offered to move media duties into Mediaedge:cia in a bid to keep the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 60000 - 65000, London
- Senior Strategist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55,000 to £65,000, London
- Campaign Manager | Contract Salt £300 - £350 per day, City of London