BBH put on alert as Birds Eye calls pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2007 12:00AM
Birds Eye has asked Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to pitch against the incumbent agency, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, for its £15 million advertising brief.
Martin Glenn, the chief executive of Birds Eye and the former president of PepsiCo, is overseeing the review, which will kick off next month.
BBH has handled the account for just over three years.
Glenn has a longstanding relationship with AMV, which worked on the Gary Lineker campaign for PepsiCo's Walkers brand. He was hired by Birds Eye in October last year, one month after Permira Funds bought the company from Unilever for £1.6 billion.
The pitch follows news of a review of Birds Eye's media planning and buying business out of MindShare. MindShare's parent company, WPP, has offered to move media duties into Mediaedge:cia in a bid to keep the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch