Early Learning Centre website gives voice to customers
By Joe Lepper, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 06 June 2007 12:15PM
LONDON - Early Learning Centre is taking the potentially risky move of creating a customer review section on its website, in an attempt to boost trust among online customers.
The user generated content service is being implemented and managed by Bazaarvoice, which specialises in online reviews and ratings technology, and will enable customers to read other shopper's opinions about products before buying them.
Matthew Legge, e-Commerce manager at Early Learning Centre, hopes the move will increase conversion rates. He said: "Due to the increase in social networking and the focus on user generated content, it's become increasingly important to effectively engage with our customers and give them a way of contributing towards the site.
"Peer reviews are so much more effective than the brand reviewing its own products, Mums value and trust what other Mums think."
As part of Bazaarvoice's work, a dedicated community manager has been appointed to the site to drive the number of reviews. The agency will also use its Bazaarvoice Workbench tool to track review volume and to sort data.
Sam Decker, vice-president of marketing and PR at Bazaarvoice, said: "The ratings and reviews service will also attract new customers and improve satisfaction and loyalty."
Early Learning Centre's research has found that most of its online customers use multi-channel platforms and many are attracted to the site for present buying for birthdays and Christmas.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director, Integrated,Freelance Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £250 - £270 per day, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director The Great & The Good £38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Agency Engagement Manager - Native Advertising Technology Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits & bonus, London