J&J apportions $3bn media spoils
By Danielle Long, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 July 2007 10:33AM
LONDON - IPG's Initiative has lost the Johnson & Johnson media business in Europe to Aegis’ Carat, following a global review of the healthcare brand’s $3 billion (£1.48 billion) account.
The Initiative network was dealt a blow in the review and also lost its hold on the business in Latin America, Thailand and Singapore.
The new roster sees Carat take the media planning and buying account in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Universal McCann retains North America, OMD appointed to Latin America and OMD and Universal McCann sharing the account across Asia. OMD will handle India, China, Korea and Australia and Universal McCann will handle Japan and South East Asia.
Naked increased its share of the communications planning account in North America, where it will share the account with IPG's Sandbox.
As part of the new global roster, J&J has made the communications planning account separate to the media planning and buying account, and aims to place communications planning at "the centre" of the business.
Johnson & Johnson called the review in March in order to structure and consolidate its global media and brand communications after it acquired the Pfizer healthcare business in October 2006 for $16.6 billion.
A statement from Kimberly Kadlec, chief media officer and worldwide vice-president at Johnson & Johnson, said: "Our goal was to get agencies and brands working together in a new way. The agencies that pitched for this business did an amazing job of presenting new and innovative approaches, and I'm pleased to say that together we will meet the challenges of engaging with today's consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager Spotlight Recruitment £36000 - £42000 per annum + GREAT BENS, London
- Brand Manager - Lifestyle Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Global Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Junior Brand Manager Alpro £25-£30k plus benefits, West Midlands
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy