J&J apportions $3bn media spoils
By Danielle Long, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 July 2007 10:33AM
LONDON - IPG's Initiative has lost the Johnson & Johnson media business in Europe to Aegis’ Carat, following a global review of the healthcare brand’s $3 billion (£1.48 billion) account.
The Initiative network was dealt a blow in the review and also lost its hold on the business in Latin America, Thailand and Singapore.
The new roster sees Carat take the media planning and buying account in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Universal McCann retains North America, OMD appointed to Latin America and OMD and Universal McCann sharing the account across Asia. OMD will handle India, China, Korea and Australia and Universal McCann will handle Japan and South East Asia.
Naked increased its share of the communications planning account in North America, where it will share the account with IPG's Sandbox.
As part of the new global roster, J&J has made the communications planning account separate to the media planning and buying account, and aims to place communications planning at "the centre" of the business.
Johnson & Johnson called the review in March in order to structure and consolidate its global media and brand communications after it acquired the Pfizer healthcare business in October 2006 for $16.6 billion.
A statement from Kimberly Kadlec, chief media officer and worldwide vice-president at Johnson & Johnson, said: "Our goal was to get agencies and brands working together in a new way. The agencies that pitched for this business did an amazing job of presenting new and innovative approaches, and I'm pleased to say that together we will meet the challenges of engaging with today's consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Planner - SYDNEY Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + sponsorship & relocation, Sydney
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- Campaign Viral Chart: Busta Rhymes features in Toyota rap ad
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint