Boots names Opticians' chief as top marketer
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2007 12:00AM
Boots has drafted in Elizabeth Fagan, managing director of Boots Opticians, to replace Andrew Brent as UK marketing director.
It is understood that Brent, who joined the firm in 2005, has taken a global marketing role within the organisation, but no one at Boots would comment on the restructure.
Fagan joined Boots Opticians last September from DSG International (DSGi). She took over responsibility for running more than 280 Boots Opticians stores and replaced Chas McShane, who retired after a year in the job.
During her time at DSGi, Fagan was marketing director then managing director of The Link. In 2006, she became group media director overseeing DSGi's contracts with its ad and media agencies across its retail brands.
Brent was responsible for launching the 'Change one thing' healthy-living initiative last year, under which the retailer offered general health advice in-store. This was supplemented by Boots' first campaign promoting its 'Ask your Boots Pharmacy Team', which flagged up the 15,000 healthcare experts it employs at its stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Planner Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager - Creative Agency £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Executive Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Midweight UX Designer - Comparison Site Source £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'