Boots names Opticians' chief as top marketer
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2007 12:00AM
Boots has drafted in Elizabeth Fagan, managing director of Boots Opticians, to replace Andrew Brent as UK marketing director.
It is understood that Brent, who joined the firm in 2005, has taken a global marketing role within the organisation, but no one at Boots would comment on the restructure.
Fagan joined Boots Opticians last September from DSG International (DSGi). She took over responsibility for running more than 280 Boots Opticians stores and replaced Chas McShane, who retired after a year in the job.
During her time at DSGi, Fagan was marketing director then managing director of The Link. In 2006, she became group media director overseeing DSGi's contracts with its ad and media agencies across its retail brands.
Brent was responsible for launching the 'Change one thing' healthy-living initiative last year, under which the retailer offered general health advice in-store. This was supplemented by Boots' first campaign promoting its 'Ask your Boots Pharmacy Team', which flagged up the 15,000 healthcare experts it employs at its stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Creative Director Premier Media £32000 - £42000 per annum, City of London
- SAE or Account Manager £20-26k, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing / IT Support Executive - Permanent - London Ninesharp £22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , Hammersmith and Fulham
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show