Boots names Opticians' chief as top marketer
By Jeremy Lee, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2007 12:00AM
Boots has drafted in Elizabeth Fagan, managing director of Boots Opticians, to replace Andrew Brent as UK marketing director.
It is understood that Brent, who joined the firm in 2005, has taken a global marketing role within the organisation, but no one at Boots would comment on the restructure.
Fagan joined Boots Opticians last September from DSG International (DSGi). She took over responsibility for running more than 280 Boots Opticians stores and replaced Chas McShane, who retired after a year in the job.
During her time at DSGi, Fagan was marketing director then managing director of The Link. In 2006, she became group media director overseeing DSGi's contracts with its ad and media agencies across its retail brands.
Brent was responsible for launching the 'Change one thing' healthy-living initiative last year, under which the retailer offered general health advice in-store. This was supplemented by Boots' first campaign promoting its 'Ask your Boots Pharmacy Team', which flagged up the 15,000 healthcare experts it employs at its stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER CHARITY & EDUCATION Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, North London
- Unity Artist - Busy Studio ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Account Director become £45k-£60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Marketing Executive Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Production Planner Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Nottinghamshire
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch