Collins to join RKCR/Y&R as creative chief
By James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 September 2007 08:40AM
LONDON - Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is poised to sign the Mother creative director, Damon Collins, as its creative director.
Collins will report to Mark Roalfe, the RKCR/Y&R founding partner and executive creative director. He replaces Ben Priest, who quit in June alongside James Murphy and David Golding, the RKCR/Y&R chief executive and planning director, to launch a start-up.
Collins joined Mother in February 2005 to run the agency's £35 million Boots account. He began his career at Gold Greenlees Trott and later had stints at Saatchi & Saatchi and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
He joined Lowe London in 2000, where he was later promoted to creative director with his partner Tony Barry. The pair split in May 2004 when Barry quit the agency for Clemmow Hornby Inge. Collins left two months later.
The appointment leaves only Golding's planning director position vacant at RKCR/Y&R. The agency moved quickly to fill Murphy's chief executive role by promoting Richard Exon from managing director in July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London