Boots Opticians repositions with 'See better' campaign
By Darren Davidson, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 03:20PM
LONDON - Mother has created a new TV ad for Boots Opticians based around the tagline 'see better', which claims that as many as two-thirds of people are unaware their eyesight could be improved.
The 30-second ad dramatises special moments in life and shows what they would be like without decent eyesight.
In the ad, moments such as a birthday, the birth of a child, trying on a wedding dress for the first time and a child playing on a funfair carousel are fuzzy and unfocused.
As the ad unfolds, a voiceover says: "Two-thirds of us could be missing out what life has to offer without even realising it. That's why Boots Opticians are dedicated to helping every one of us."
The campaign forms part of a new positioning for the brand, in a category dominated by campaigns based on designer frames and special offers. The ad was directed by Vince Squibb at Gorgeous.
Last month, Boots appointed Elizabeth Fagan, the former DSG International marketer, as UK marketing director. Prior to the appointment, Fagan was managing director of Boots Opticians.
You can watch the ad here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, North West England
- Online Trading Manager JV Recruitment £33000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Lancashire
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account