Boots Opticians repositions with 'See better' campaign
By Darren Davidson, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 03:20PM
LONDON - Mother has created a new TV ad for Boots Opticians based around the tagline 'see better', which claims that as many as two-thirds of people are unaware their eyesight could be improved.
The 30-second ad dramatises special moments in life and shows what they would be like without decent eyesight.
In the ad, moments such as a birthday, the birth of a child, trying on a wedding dress for the first time and a child playing on a funfair carousel are fuzzy and unfocused.
As the ad unfolds, a voiceover says: "Two-thirds of us could be missing out what life has to offer without even realising it. That's why Boots Opticians are dedicated to helping every one of us."
The campaign forms part of a new positioning for the brand, in a category dominated by campaigns based on designer frames and special offers. The ad was directed by Vince Squibb at Gorgeous.
Last month, Boots appointed Elizabeth Fagan, the former DSG International marketer, as UK marketing director. Prior to the appointment, Fagan was managing director of Boots Opticians.
You can watch the ad here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey