Media: Coca-Cola appoints Vizeum
By Jemima Bokaie, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 07 November 2007 12:00AM
Coca-Cola GB has consolidated its £40m media planning and buying accounts into Vizeum.
The agency, which previously handled the brand's media planning business, won the reconfigured account after a four-way pitch against incumbent media buying agency Universal McCann, Starcom and Naked Communications.
ZenithOptimedia withdrew from the running ahead of the first round of pitches due to potential international conflicts of interest.
Coca-Cola put the UK business up for pitch in July following reviews in other markets. Brands covered by the account include Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Fanta and Minute Maid, as exclusively revealed by Marketing in July.
Coca-Cola GB marketing director Cathryn Sleight confirmed the appointment, adding: 'Vizeum came up with renewed thinking in key areas, particularly shopper marketing, environmental sustainability and connecting with consumers in the digital age.'
The drinks giant's UK advertising account, which is split between Mother, VCCP and Lowe, is not affected by the appointment.
Separately, Coca-Cola Europe is to create its first pan-European design roster, comprising more than 10 agencies.
The chosen agencies' brief will include digital design, brand identity, packaging and in-store marketing.
Next year, Coca-Cola will aim to stabilise its carbonated beverage portfolio. Sales of carbonated soft drinks have been suffering due to an increased consumer focus on healthy eating and drinking.
The company will continue to invest in its core 'three-Cola' strategy, focusing on the Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero lines.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands
- SEO Account Director - up to £50K plus benefits Salt £45000 - £52000 per annum + £20K OTE, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £60k - £65k, London, Soho
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign