Grand Union wins Ask.com digital brief
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 November 2007 11:55AM
LONDON - Grand Union has scooped the digital advertising account for the online search engine, Ask.com.
The agency secured the business following a final two-way shoot out against glue London.
Agency.com, Agency Republic, and Hyper, the digital arm of Fallon, were all involved at an earlier stage. The incumbent, Profero, which has held the business for five years, declined to repitch.
Grand Union will now take responsibility for all of Ask.com's UK digital advertising and will aim to tempt users away from Google in a bid to increase Ask.com's share of the £1.2 billion UK search sector.
The search engine kicked off the review last month after the launch of its "Information Revolution" ad campaign. The push, created by Fallon and Profero, came under criticism for driving consumers to a website organising an "information revolution", which turned out to be a branded site for Ask.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief