Grand Union wins Ask.com digital brief
By Kate Nettleton, Campaign, Monday, 19 November 2007 11:55AM
LONDON - Grand Union has scooped the digital advertising account for the online search engine, Ask.com.
The agency secured the business following a final two-way shoot out against glue London.
Agency.com, Agency Republic, and Hyper, the digital arm of Fallon, were all involved at an earlier stage. The incumbent, Profero, which has held the business for five years, declined to repitch.
Grand Union will now take responsibility for all of Ask.com's UK digital advertising and will aim to tempt users away from Google in a bid to increase Ask.com's share of the £1.2 billion UK search sector.
The search engine kicked off the review last month after the launch of its "Information Revolution" ad campaign. The push, created by Fallon and Profero, came under criticism for driving consumers to a website organising an "information revolution", which turned out to be a branded site for Ask.com.
This article was first published on Campaign
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Forward Thinking Senior Digital Project/ Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £52000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.