Shops to battle for SodaStream brief
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2007 12:00AM
SodaStream, the carbonated fizzy drinks brand famous for its "get busy with the fizzy" campaign, has kicked off a review ahead of an advertising push next year.
Soda Club, the parent company, has approached at least three shops with a brief, and hopes to appoint an agency by the end of the year.
The largely strategic brief aims to reposition the product for a contemporary audience. It will culminate in a UK advertising campaign that aims to drive distribution.
Since its advertising heyday in the 80s, SodaStream has had a number of UK revivals.
In 2005, the company hired Baker Boothman Edy for a press and radio campaign that promoted the choice of variants available, and pushed the drinks as low-sugar, low-calorie options.
In 2000, it appointed Da Costa & Co to handle a press campaign that promoted the product's family appeal.
Its last major TV campaign was in 1997. Created by Mitchell Patterson Grime Mitchell, the ads were fronted by the comedian Lenny Henry.
Soda Club had not returned calls as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Traffic Manager Red Sofa London £22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum, London
- CALLING ALL DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGERS Red Sofa London £25000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Mid-Weight Integrated Project Manager Red Sofa London £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, West London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood