Royal Caribbean hires JWT and MindShare
By Darren Davidson, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 December 2007 12:10PM
LONDON - The cruise company Royal Caribbean International has awarded its global advertising and media accounts to a WPP team from JWT and MindShare.
The UK portion of the account, which is handled by a smaller agency called Positive Thinking, is unaffected by the appointment.
Royal Caribbean is looking to expand its UK advertising and build a global brand.
The agencies will develop work for two areas: the home ports, where the ships are docked; and the fly-cruise market, countries to which customers have to travel to join cruises.
In November, the company announced record net income for the third quarter 2007 of £190m, compared with £164m in 2006, on the back of better-than-expected late bookings.
Launched in 1968 by a conglomerate of three Norwegian shipping companies, Royal Caribbean travels to destinations in Europe, the Bahamas, Asia, Canada and the Caribbean.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South West England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £26,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Team of Hands On Design Managers Required | 6 Month contract Salt £250 - £300 per day, Hertfordshire / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager - Fashion Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (North), London (Greater)