Wickes awards £10m ad business to MWO
By Jemima Bokaie, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 12:00AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has hired MWO to handle its £10m ad account, following last year's appointment of marketing director Rob Murray (Marketing, 7 November).
Murray joined Wickes from Ryvita, where he was marketing director and worked with the agency. MWO created Ryvita's high-profile campaign featuring Fern Britton. The business moved without a pitch from TBWA\Manchester.
The agency will be tasked with increasing the brand's profile to accelerate growth and increase differentiation from other DIY retailers such as Homebase and B&Q. Following a review of its strategy, Wickes will target tradesmen and DIY enthusiasts at a time when its competitors are taking a more consumer-focused position.
This month, Wickes was voted the UK's favourite DIY retailer in a poll of more than 6000 customers carried out by Verdict Research.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads