Wickes awards £10m ad business to MWO
By Jemima Bokaie, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 12:00AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has hired MWO to handle its £10m ad account, following last year's appointment of marketing director Rob Murray (Marketing, 7 November).
Murray joined Wickes from Ryvita, where he was marketing director and worked with the agency. MWO created Ryvita's high-profile campaign featuring Fern Britton. The business moved without a pitch from TBWA\Manchester.
The agency will be tasked with increasing the brand's profile to accelerate growth and increase differentiation from other DIY retailers such as Homebase and B&Q. Following a review of its strategy, Wickes will target tradesmen and DIY enthusiasts at a time when its competitors are taking a more consumer-focused position.
This month, Wickes was voted the UK's favourite DIY retailer in a poll of more than 6000 customers carried out by Verdict Research.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media