Wickes awards £10m ad business to MWO
By Jemima Bokaie, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 12:00AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has hired MWO to handle its £10m ad account, following last year's appointment of marketing director Rob Murray (Marketing, 7 November).
Murray joined Wickes from Ryvita, where he was marketing director and worked with the agency. MWO created Ryvita's high-profile campaign featuring Fern Britton. The business moved without a pitch from TBWA\Manchester.
The agency will be tasked with increasing the brand's profile to accelerate growth and increase differentiation from other DIY retailers such as Homebase and B&Q. Following a review of its strategy, Wickes will target tradesmen and DIY enthusiasts at a time when its competitors are taking a more consumer-focused position.
This month, Wickes was voted the UK's favourite DIY retailer in a poll of more than 6000 customers carried out by Verdict Research.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Web Editor Network Career Consultants £29000 - £36000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Buying Manager, Asia Salt £75000 - £90000 per annum + relocation + benefits, China
- Junior Designer British Heart Foundation £24,000 p/a + 30 days holiday and excellent benefits, London NW1
- UK & I Marketing Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'