Wickes awards £10m ad business to MWO
By Jemima Bokaie, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 12:00AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has hired MWO to handle its £10m ad account, following last year's appointment of marketing director Rob Murray (Marketing, 7 November).
Murray joined Wickes from Ryvita, where he was marketing director and worked with the agency. MWO created Ryvita's high-profile campaign featuring Fern Britton. The business moved without a pitch from TBWA\Manchester.
The agency will be tasked with increasing the brand's profile to accelerate growth and increase differentiation from other DIY retailers such as Homebase and B&Q. Following a review of its strategy, Wickes will target tradesmen and DIY enthusiasts at a time when its competitors are taking a more consumer-focused position.
This month, Wickes was voted the UK's favourite DIY retailer in a poll of more than 6000 customers carried out by Verdict Research.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Digital Strategist - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k + good benefits, West London
- Head of Business Development - Group Head Sports Ultimate Asset £50000 - £70000 per annum + Which includes Bonus, London
- Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England