Wickes awards £10m ad business to MWO
By Jemima Bokaie, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 12:00AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has hired MWO to handle its £10m ad account, following last year's appointment of marketing director Rob Murray (Marketing, 7 November).
Murray joined Wickes from Ryvita, where he was marketing director and worked with the agency. MWO created Ryvita's high-profile campaign featuring Fern Britton. The business moved without a pitch from TBWA\Manchester.
The agency will be tasked with increasing the brand's profile to accelerate growth and increase differentiation from other DIY retailers such as Homebase and B&Q. Following a review of its strategy, Wickes will target tradesmen and DIY enthusiasts at a time when its competitors are taking a more consumer-focused position.
This month, Wickes was voted the UK's favourite DIY retailer in a poll of more than 6000 customers carried out by Verdict Research.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Head of Business Marketing London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS,